Happy Monday Everyone! As you may know I recently graduated at the end of September with my Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design and took a little break and went to Toronto. I have been back from Toronto for about 3 weeks and last Thursday I officially got my first job as a Jr. Interior Designer! I am working for a small interior design firm that is literally a 5min drive from my house (how perfect!). As a congrats on a real job, I decided to splurge a little bit and buy myself something nice. Back in October at Stephanie’s birthday party I misplaced my wallet so I thought I would replace it. I bought a gorgeous Kate Spade wallet in a minty/blue colour. I am obsessed with it! And when you open it the interior is white with gold dots!
I think it’s safe to say that most girls out there have a major gold obsession, especially if it sparkles. It just has a way making things look prettier and more exciting which is partly why I chose it to be one of the main colours for our wedding. I plan on purchasing the table runner & using it for decor at our reception!
The best ways to incorporate some gold into your life are in your wardrobe or your home. Adding pops of gold with decor pieces around your house give that extra oomph to the room and even though clothing items in this lavish colour, like the sequin skirt below, may seem fancy they can be dressed up or down. I guarantee you will be able to find something that you’ll fall in love with and have to bring home. Here are a few of my current favourite gold items!
Okay, I think maybe obsessed is an understatement.
Happy Friday!! The weekend is upon us finally! November is going by so fast, it’s already been a week! Before we know it it’s going to be Christmas. Have you started Christmas shopping yet?! Either have I..! If you know me you would know that I LOVE tea! I pretty much drink it all day long.. I probably have a problem. Today’s Friday’s Fabulous Five is based around my obsession with tea!
1. First up is David’s Tea’s 24 days of tea. This is the advent calendar for the ultimate tea lover!! This magical box comes with 24 different teas. So for the month of December you can try a new flavour of tea each day. Sadly it is sold out online but if you are lucky enough to find it in store I would pick it up! It is only $34.50.
2. I absolutely fell in love with this cup when I saw it! It describes me perfectly (seriously my hands are ALWAYS cold). This Kate Spade travel mug is available at your local Indigo or Chapters or on their website here.
3. These gold acrylic tea spoons from Shop by Monkia are to die for!! They are perfect for the holidays for your tea or coffee and everyone will be asking where you got these glittery spoons from!
4. Any Starbucks lover knows that once November 1st arrives it is Christmas at Starbucks! I just wanted to share with you my favourite guilty pleasure to get at Starbucks during the holiday season. A tall no water, egg nog chai tea latte! It is seriously so good! I am not the biggest fan of egg nog and would never drink it alone but when mixed with chai it is delicious! What’s your favourite Starbucks holiday drink!?
5. This has nothing to do with tea but I thought I would end with a quote that I love and am currently living by. (quote from here)
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!
We’ve officially started Fall and October is just around the corner – where has the time gone?! I swear each month goes by faster and faster. (Which also means that our wedding is 11 months away – eep!) I may or may not have already mentioned that October is my favourite month of the year…because it’s my BIRTHDAY MONTH! I don’t really celebrate it all month long but try to stretch it out for a week of celebrations. The week will consist of lunches and/or dinners with family, a night out with my friends & a nice evening with my fiance. However, this year he goes away the day before my birthday for work *tear* but we’re going away to Whistler for a couple nights the previous week which I’m very excited about!
Personally I LOVE celebrating birthdays, whether it’s mine or someone else’s. I know lots of people who could care less about celebrating which makes me feel more inclined to give said person a card and even a little gift. I either bake cupcakes for them in their favourite colours/flavour or give them something related to their interests, so it feels more personal & thoughtful. When it comes to gifts for my birthday (even Christmas) I tend to think that I’m very easy to shop for, however, some of my friends seem to disagree. Pretty much anything to do with cupcakes, clothes/shoes/shopping or unicorns is a safe bet. And anything purple or sparkly. As I get older there doesn’t seem to be as much that I wish for like I did as a child. It becomes less about material items and more about feeling loved on the 1 day a year that’s all about me. So here’s this years little Birthday Wish List!
I use an agenda at work for planning out all my visual changes & since we’re getting closer to the end of the year I’m going to need a new one for the new year – and this gold polka dot one by Kate Spade from Chapters fits the bill perfectly!I still technically have to wait a year before upgrading without paying a fee but since they released the iPhone 5S I think it’s time to upgrade early. 1) Because I’m still team Blackberry and 2) it now comes in gold.
I’m really enjoying the new music he’s been putting out and I missed seeing him last time he came to Vancouver for his solo headlining tour. (balcony tickets showed up but I was selfish & wanted to search for something better and sure enough they sold out – I legit shed a tear) So this time I really want to see him – I know he’d put on a great show! Tickets go on sale Monday!
As if I need another pair of shoes. I already have cognac booties and black booties but I’ve fallen in love with taupe coloured ones as well. These are my current favs from Aldo!
One pair of boots that every Vancouver girl needs – rain boots. I have a pair of floral rain boots but these classic black Hunters need to be added to my closet as well. They’ll go with every outfit, as black always does.
And of course, you can never go wrong with a gift card! It may not necessarily be a personal gift but for any shopaholic – like myself – they’re perfect! Get me a gift card for any store that I shop at and I will have no problem finding a goodie, or two, to take home with me.