Happy Friday! Finally the weekend has arrived! Today I will be sharing my current FAVOURITE salad recipe with you. I’ve been making this recipe for a past few months. It was a actually inspired by a yam and quinoa salad I had at the cutest cafe in Fort Langley called Wendel’s Bookstore and Cafe. I loved it so much that I made my own version!
QUINOA SWEET POTATO SALAD
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed (or if you prefer yams work well too)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of organic agave nectar
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse and peel the sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and add the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes and toss until they are all coated. Place in oven for about 30min flipping them once.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the quinoa at the same time.
- Once the quinoa is cooked combine it in a large bowl with the spinach, arugula, cucumber, avocado and the dressing. Then add in the sweet potatoes and Enjoy!
This recipe is meant for about 3 people. I usually just make it for myself so I will mix it all up without the dressing and keep it in the fridge. Then when I want some for my lunch I’ll just take it out and take as much as I need and then add the dressing on. So it lasts a few days which is nice!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!