For the past 10 weeks I have been following a meal plan that was put together by my bootcamp trainer (only 1 week to go!) The first month I pretty much followed it exactly, with the odd cheat asides from Saturday being a cheat day. Unfortunately October wasn’t as good of a month for me due to going away, Thanksgiving, my birthday and a busy work schedule. Since I was attending my bootcamp 3 nights a week though I didn’t feel that guilty about my bad eating habits and promised to get back on track for November.
Sadly, I feel like I was even worse this month; I have a really big sweet tooth which leads to major cravings. It doesn’t help either that we have both a Tim Hortons and a Starbucks by my work so I’ve been buying lots of treats, coffees & muffins. There’s nothing wrong with indulging sometimes but it can be done in a healthier way. There are tons of recipes online and on Pinterest that are quick, easy & even require minimal ingredients. With the holidays coming up it’s always hard not to over indulge but these recipes will help you feel less guilty about eating that extra one or two, so enjoy!
Happy Friday!! The weekend is upon us finally! November is going by so fast, it’s already been a week! Before we know it it’s going to be Christmas. Have you started Christmas shopping yet?! Either have I..! If you know me you would know that I LOVE tea! I pretty much drink it all day long.. I probably have a problem. Today’s Friday’s Fabulous Five is based around my obsession with tea!
1. First up is David’s Tea’s 24 days of tea. This is the advent calendar for the ultimate tea lover!! This magical box comes with 24 different teas. So for the month of December you can try a new flavour of tea each day. Sadly it is sold out online but if you are lucky enough to find it in store I would pick it up! It is only $34.50.
2. I absolutely fell in love with this cup when I saw it! It describes me perfectly (seriously my hands are ALWAYS cold). This Kate Spade travel mug is available at your local Indigo or Chapters or on their website here.
3. These gold acrylic tea spoons from Shop by Monkia are to die for!! They are perfect for the holidays for your tea or coffee and everyone will be asking where you got these glittery spoons from!
4. Any Starbucks lover knows that once November 1st arrives it is Christmas at Starbucks! I just wanted to share with you my favourite guilty pleasure to get at Starbucks during the holiday season. A tall no water, egg nog chai tea latte! It is seriously so good! I am not the biggest fan of egg nog and would never drink it alone but when mixed with chai it is delicious! What’s your favourite Starbucks holiday drink!?
5. This has nothing to do with tea but I thought I would end with a quote that I love and am currently living by. (quote from here)
Seeing as how it is currently cold & rainy out, it seems fitting to start posting about fall fashion. After I did my outfit post on my top with leather sleeves, I took a browse online to find a variety of items with leather details in different ways. I’m still on the hunt though for a sweater with full faux leather sleeves but hopefully I won’t have to search for too long if this weather keeps up! Seems like I’m going to start bringing out my fall wardrobe sooner than later. Which, I can’t really complain about because as much as I love the sun & summertime, Fall fashion is by far my favourite season. I love cozy knits, boots, dresses + tights and especially the colour palette. Also the oncoming of Fall means 2 things: Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks (heaven in a cup – seriously) AND that my birthday month is getting closer!
I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend of Summer before back to school, which conveniently is a long weekend. Nicole and I will be off to Osoyoos for our friends wedding, checking out wineries & hopefully soaking up some sun. After working so hard at work these last two weeks, I’m definitely in need of this mini vacay!