It’s been unusually cold here in Vancouver for the past few days, my iPhone says it’s currently -4 but feels like -10. Us Vancouverite’s are not use to freezing temperature’s! When I get home from work the first thing I do is turn on the fireplace and make some tea. This time of year is my favourite time of year to sit by the fireplace, I looooooove fireplaces – good thing I have 3 in my house! There are some really creative designs out there as I learnt while browsing through Pinterest. Here are some of my favourites I happen to find today.
Happy Friday!! The weekend is finally here, unless you are south of me you are probably already off because of American Thanksgiving. Every year I try to get my parents to cook another Thanksgiving turkey on American Thanksgiving but it never works. Besides all of the turkey and football there is also Black Friday! It seems that this year more and more stores in Canada are also doing Black Friday sales. All of my emails and pictures being posted on Instagram are all about Black Friday. These sales are perfect for some Christmas shopping and they seem to last all weekend long.
I hope to get some Christmas shopping done this weekend with all of these massive sales. Here are a 5 fabulous things that I have been obsessing over the past couple weeks:
I am currently in the market to purchase a nice warm jacket for Christmas for myself (from my parents lol). I think I have finally decided on this TNA Chamonix Parka from Arizita, which is on sale today because of Black Friday. It will be perfect in January when I will be walking the streets of Toronto and New York.
I am pretty much in love with everything that Sugar Paper comes up with! And I am loving with this 2014 desk calendar in raspberry! It would look perfect on a office desk.
Who doesn’t love a SEQUIN gold pillow!! This is from Indigo and it’s from their holiday decor but I would have this out all year!
The BEST tea to make a gingerbread tea latte with Davids Tea gingerbread tea!! It is one of my favourite teas to drink this time of year.. did I mention that I am a little obsessed with tea?
Last but least, a fitting quote for today.. Thanks to Stephanie because I stole this idea from her!
Happy Friday!! The weekend is upon us finally! November is going by so fast, it’s already been a week! Before we know it it’s going to be Christmas. Have you started Christmas shopping yet?! Either have I..! If you know me you would know that I LOVE tea! I pretty much drink it all day long.. I probably have a problem. Today’s Friday’s Fabulous Five is based around my obsession with tea!
1. First up is David’s Tea’s 24 days of tea. This is the advent calendar for the ultimate tea lover!! This magical box comes with 24 different teas. So for the month of December you can try a new flavour of tea each day. Sadly it is sold out online but if you are lucky enough to find it in store I would pick it up! It is only $34.50.
2. I absolutely fell in love with this cup when I saw it! It describes me perfectly (seriously my hands are ALWAYS cold). This Kate Spade travel mug is available at your local Indigo or Chapters or on their website here.
3. These gold acrylic tea spoons from Shop by Monkia are to die for!! They are perfect for the holidays for your tea or coffee and everyone will be asking where you got these glittery spoons from!
4. Any Starbucks lover knows that once November 1st arrives it is Christmas at Starbucks! I just wanted to share with you my favourite guilty pleasure to get at Starbucks during the holiday season. A tall no water, egg nog chai tea latte! It is seriously so good! I am not the biggest fan of egg nog and would never drink it alone but when mixed with chai it is delicious! What’s your favourite Starbucks holiday drink!?
5. This has nothing to do with tea but I thought I would end with a quote that I love and am currently living by. (quote from here)
I love browsing online and “shopping” – AKA I fill the cart with everything I want and then close the browser and don’t actually purchase anything. Sigh. However, I do usually bookmark the pages of the stuff I like and half the time when I go back through this “wish list” lots of the items are no longer available. Which I guess is a good thing, at least for my wallet anyways.
My most recent browse & bookmark session was on Aldo – specifically accessories. I love bundling up with scarves in the Fall/Winter time and like having not only an assortment of colours & prints but a variety of styles as well. For example; even if I have a circle scarf in a dark green, I feel the need to also have a regular scarf in the same colour. But I’m sure most girls do this, right? And I immediately fell in love with this bag as soon as I saw it. The structure of it and gold buckle detail helps make the bag. Although I prefer it in the black (but I don’t really need another black bag) the bone is also a great neutral tone and can transition well into the Springtime!
These are the few items that are currently on my wish list: